When to see an Orthodontist
WHEN TO SEE AN ORTHODONTIST
At SmileRight Orthodontics, our main priority is to provide our patients with the best orthodontic care. If you’re wondering when would be the right time to see an orthodontist, there are actually signs to watch out for. Some orthodontic issues are quite obvious, while others aren’t as obvious.
Generally speaking, you should see an orthodontist when you have questions about your teeth alignment or bite. The American Association of Orthodontists also recommends that a child should be seen by an orthodontist by age 7.
If you or your child has any of the following, we highly recommend that you set an appointment with an orthodontist:
1. Early/late loss of primary teeth.
2. Breathing through the mouth.
3. Teeth grinding.
4. Jaws that shift or produce sounds when moved.
5. Experience pain or discomfort when opening or closing the mouth.
6. Finger sucking.
7. Difficulty chewing or biting.
8. Crooked teeth.
7. Gapped teeth.
8. Protruding teeth.
9. Facial asymmetry.
10. Teeth that do not meet at all or meet in an abnormal way.
11. Speech difficulty.
12. Biting into the roof of your mouth or cheek.
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment with Dr. Solis or Dr. Rajcich, please give us a call. We look forward to helping you achieve that gorgeous smile you have always wanted.
We believe in
SmileRight Orthodontics serves patients with two convenient locations in the South Puget Sound area. Contact the orthodontist office nearest you to make an appointment.